Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Hospital Bed came--answered prayer!

God answers prayer! Not only did He answer our prayer that Mom would get a hospital bed (because my niece Megan ordered it for Mom), Mom actually ENJOYED her hospital bed last night! She slept wonderfully last night in it. Megan ordered it for Mom because she (a nurse) stayed with Mom on Saturday night, so she knows from first hand experience that we need it for Mom. SO thankful for the hospital bed.

This morning, Mom gave me an NIV Worship Bible that she received from IWU when she gave the college a donation. She wrote "To Cyndi with Love from Mother 4-27-10," in the front cover. I will cherish it always.

Mom's quotes of the day: After she looked at all the cards that are taped to her wall so she can see then from her recliner, she said, "I never knew I was a blessing to so many people. That that many people cared, to take the time to pray (for me)."

She also said that she wants to have the funeral at the church, Lakeview Wesleyan, "It will be my last time to get to go to church." Then she said, "I'm going to be a winner no matter which way. Whether I stay or whether I go." Then she fell back asleep in her velvety, burgundy recliner.

Today, I am using an old cassette tape recorder to tape record Mom talking about Pearl Harbor, hearing FDR on the radio as a teenager, World War 2, and various memories from her past. My sisters will really enjoy hearing of her memories with them! Sometimes she sings little songs like "When the Caissons go rolling along." The pain medication is definitely taking the edge off of her discomfort so she can enjoy this day to its fullest. She has loved telling one story after another today. Thanking God for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.